Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Coaching & being coached

I've always been a fan of coaching, i've always found huge benefit from getting a v. good player to look at your game. I've had 5 or 6 coaches so far and had my first lesson with a new one today - MDMA managed to fit me in for a sesh. This guy has his rep for a reason, jeeez he's clever. I've still got to finish my lessons with BobboFitos, so i'll have him to talk theory with and MDMA to sweat me. I'm hoping that this will allow me to a) beat the games for a higher winrate and b) be able to make a living player poker for a longer time. I see it as an investment - though $8k is a lot a month, perhaps 4 lessons/month would be better.

I've also been doing some coaching myself, our lodger [he has many names, any from Vulture/Bellick/Cunt/Squatter/Liberty Taker/Splitting Headache/Joe Hutton is fine] has been playing $50nl on pacific and i'm pretty proud of his progress, he's thinking about the game, and putting a lot of effort in. I've also been coaching a guy named Chris [Milky on 2+2] from the uNL forums. He's a nice guy, has a drive to succeed and is receptive to my ramblings, so that's pretty cool. He also helps a lot of people out in uNL, so it's nice to try to help a helper out.

Something that i'm a little peeved about [not really lol, i'm still pretty stoked] is that, without a pretty sick next 112 hands, i'm not going to hit $100k at 100k hands of 5/10:


No comments: