Sunday, September 2, 2007

Arghhhhhhhhhh so tilted

For anyone that's actually reading this - I'm Luke, 22, just about to start my 3rd year at Uni but currently playing poker for a living, and have been for the past year. This is probably going to be a really long post..................

I'm going to try and keep this updated fairly often, mainly with tales of my poker adventures but anything else cool I fancy writing about i'll chuck in too.

So August was my best month ever, I made just a little over $50k [I actually think it's more like $52-53k because pokertracker missed a tons of hands]. I hit $50k [my previous best was <$20k so this was a pretty big thing for me] at about 5pm on the 31st August, about 1/2 an hour before i went out for a few drinks. It was really nice to hit such a big milestone and then go out and celebrate straight away. Went for a nice Mexican with a couple of pals and got pretty pissed on passion fruit margaritas and cubans [i'm not gay, honest]. A pretty awesome day all round.

I missed half the day yesterday so only ended up doing about 1.5k hands, but still did about $4.5k which was awesome cos i don't think i was playing particularly well. Jumped back on today and titled my self so badly, i had AQ >KQ on KJ43 in a 3bet pot and then 910s > A10 on A10s77s. Which i'm pretty much fine with, +Sklansky [should i be using G-Bucks?] bucks, but then i played a ridic hand, sb limps my bb, i raise A10o [this is 5/10 btw], flop KhJhKs, he overbet leads the pot. I call [why????] turn A, he checks, i bet [again, check behind, call river seems like a way better idea], he instaminraises. I call [wtf??] which basically commits myself as his river shove lays me ~3:1 which again i call. He has K6o. I seem to play really solid and then go and do something spastic like that every week or so. This one has to be one of the worst hands i've ever played and really tilted me, I had to stop playing, I may not play for the rest of the day.

All round though, i'm pretty happy with my game at the moment, i'm not having too much trouble with the regs, there's only a few I really don't like playing against and i'm finding it much easier to exploit the weaker 20/8, 30/10 type ones. I think i'm 10x the player I was a couple of months ago and i'm sure I cause a lot of people some headaches. Hopefully I can have another good month for September. I'd like to play some more 10/20 when the games are good and really try to play as much as possible at 5/10, if i can do 50k hands i'll be thrilled.

Although I really want to get a load of hands in, it might not be possible, i've got to head back to Uni in a couple of weeks and there'll be a lot of work, so i'm going to aim to play about 15hours a week. That'll give me a good income but should also mean i'm able to get a decent grade in my degree. The course is Marketing, which i'm not thrilled about, it's not what I want to do as a career but i've decided that the degree itself is important so i'm really going to try and get a decent grade. That may be easier said than done, i'm not the greatest at doing things I don't really like doing.

No comments: